Monday, September 19, 2011

Not my best today....

Wanted to check in really fast to provide an update, as I received a few comments on my last post. Saturday night, I knew that things weren't going to go my way when the hubby didn't go to bed early, instead deciding to stay up till 2am (I know, he woke me up when he got in bed) watching movies and doing his thing. I didn't even bother trying to wake him up on Sunday. He didn't show, but he did manage to drive into Ottawa that same morning (could have probably made it to my finish) to go shopping instead.
Race was fine for about 8k, then we stopped because my friend was having digestive issues, and I just didn't want to go any further. I was done. It just wasn't my definition of fun anymore.
I finished the race, 5 minutes slower than my first, but did noy feel joy or relief. I just felt empty and sad.
At this point, I don't think I will be running another half again, at least not with any serious intentions. Maybe the disney princess half, but no others. My heart isn't in it, and the whole process has just made me sore, cranky, sad and depressed. And it truly shouldn't make me feel this way.
So 5's and 10's are what I'll do. I'll accept what I now know is my personal limits. It is hard not getting caught up with other bloggers who go further and faster than me, and it is getting me down. So I am going to focus on what I can do decently well, that puts a smile on my face.
P.S - two years ago today, I married my husband. Realized I never posted any photos of us last year, definitely meant to, so here's one for you:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear the race didn't go well. Not everyone is meant for distance and the fact that you're getting out there at all is amazing alone.

    Happy Anniversary! Love that picture of you two.

    ReplyDelete