Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tales for Tuesday

Over the past week I had a series of unfortunate events occur to me, including an episode where I fell down a flight of stairs (while carrying a plate of food, which of course fell and stained the white carpet) in a place with about 50 people I didn't know. I had got all dressed up for a celebration for one of my friends, who had a ton of her Pakistani family over at the house, as well as a few friends. They had the narrowest stairs, and I ended up sliding on down the stairs to the basement, taking out another girl on the way down and thoroughly embarrassing myself.
Once I hit the floor, I knew I had hit my butt, ahem, left posterior muscles pretty hard, but I played it off until I went home. Taking off my pants was horrible, and I soon found a welt the size of a telephone receiver across my bum. That welt turned into a big horrible black and purple bruise, which made sitting and taking the stairs incredibly painful and running out of the question. Over 9 days later, I am still bruised.
I went to the gym on Tuesday of last week, just to swim, and I swear I must have confused people when they caught a glimpse of my purple butt. It is not something you actively try to do in a public change room, but with a bruise this size, every one's eyes were naturally drawn to the mark. I can only imagine what must have been going through the minds of the people around me. In my mind, there are only three potential reasons for having a bruise that big in that location:
1 I had a horrible accident and should be pitied. No one seemed to by believing this one.
2. My husband beats me. I had at least one woman walk up to me and stare at me, evaluating if I needed help getting out of my abusive relationship. What do you do in that circumstance? You can't say what happened (oh, i just fell down a flight of stairs) because they won't believe that it is the truth!
3. The only other reason that comes to my mind is that my husband beats me - and I like it. S&M would explain the mark, but again, it causes me to be looked at like a freak. Definitely a fun day at the gym.
So after the long week of healing, I have finally had a good day. I am super busy at work, but two things have went my way today:
1. I get to announce my big news - we bought a house!!!! There will be a lot of running around for a while yet, but we take possession late this month and move in next month. It is exciting and terrifying all at the same time.
2. I got news this morning that I won not one, but two AMAZING giveaways!!! In the near future I will be the proud owner of these two items:
A Delta in2ition two-in-one shower head!
And an awesome Allied Metal display!!!
I am so excited to get both of these, do a great review (and maybe giveaway if I can convince either company to give me one for your guys!) and place both items in my new home.
Running tonight - will report in soon!
So, what would you love to win in a blog giveaway? Running gear? Cooking supplies? Household products?

2 comments:

  1. The first step is asking for help.

    Kidding. Hope your bum feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house, that's wonderful news.

    I had a similar bruise when my dog pulled me down the stairs at my parents house when I was in college. It was pretty terrible. I hope you heal up quickly.

    ReplyDelete