Friday, March 25, 2011

Blah....

I'm sick. Somehow I managed to make it through the winter, the blistery wind and the freezing cold, only to find the weather improving, the snow melting, and myself sick. I got a really great swim in on Tuesday, had a good day Wednesday at work, and then BAM, woke up on Thursday sick. I'm weak, shaky, sore body, sore throat, everything. Came home from work early with a file in case I didn't go in today, and curled up on the couch. Actually, I came in and made a double batch of pea soup, my newest obsessions, and some of these:



My PB&J larabar-balls. The recipe I followed tastes good, but I think the ratio of nuts to squishy stuff was off, so I will play with it in the future.

Then I tried to curl up on the couch, but with the hubby and Munckin at home, somehow everyone still expected me to make supper, eat with them, clean off the table, run the dishwasher, and do most of the general house tasks. My husband even dared to make a loud sigh that he had to make the Munckin's lunch. Boo hoo.

I skipped my workout last night and crashed out early, hoping I would feel good enough to go to work today. That failed, and I have found myself at home today as well, curled up in my Papasan chair with a blanket, trying to get my body healed.
My first real trial, one that I will actually have go forward and not settle at the courtroom door is on Tuesday, and I can say, I am not excited for it on several fronts. It's not the best file, and my clients have unrealistic expectations. I don't expect to win; my clients will have to pay out money, but if I can get through the trial without them trying to blame me for the failure of their case, I'll consider it a success. I just hope I feel better by the time I have to launch into my opening arguments in court.
Any home remedies on how to get healthy?

1 comment:

  1. Rest is the best medecine, though hot showers and tea with lemon are pretty good too. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete