Friday, February 25, 2011

The ABC's of me!

So I have failed on keeping you all updated. Here's a boring quick update: Work has been crazy hectic, with lots of files and court dates on the go. My boss threw me off yesterday when he suggested we should "review your pay level in the next couple of months.... and it won't go down" Pay raise after 6 months? New concept to this constant student, but AWESOME!!!!

Workouts: I have been getting them in, but haven't been finding much running motivation. My pool at my gym is finally open, so I am swimming quite a bit, which is so nice. I'm not a tri girl, but a swim strengthens my chicken wing arms, so it's a good feeling. I signed up for my first run of the year... well, not the one that is supposed to happen first, but the only one that is currently paid for. As mentioned in previous posts, I am doing a 5 mile (8k) run in my region. Oh yeah, it'll be run in this:


Yup, it's the annual kilt run. Should be super fun (might be a new world record too depending on the number of participants) and I'm running not for a PR, but for fun.

Personal: hahaha, what personal life? ;P The plan for tonight is kid in bed = hubby+me+wine. Yeah! TGIF!

So to leave you entertained today, here are the ABC's of me!

(A) Age: 27
(B) Bed Size: Queen. Hope to upgrade to King one day so I actually have some room on the bed with my sprawling husband and dog (see (D) below)
(C) Chore You Hate: Garbage. Beyond belief.
(D) Dogs? Yup, she's our little devil! Boston/pug cross.
(E) Essential Start Your Day Item: Breakfast. Preferably something a bit sweet.
(F) Favourite Color: Blue.
(G) Gold or Silver? I don't wear much in the way of rings and things, but most of it is white gold, which I like.
(H) Height: 5ft 4in. Yup, I'm a midget.
(I) Instruments You Play: Actively, none. Used to play clarinet.
(J) Job Title: Lawyer. Stepmother. Wife. Daughter.
(K) Kids: One 10 year old stepdaughter.
(L) Live: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
(M) Mom's Name: Bette. Not pronounced "betty" just pronounced "bet"
(N) Nicknames: These days, mostly Babe (hubby). Mom used to call me all sorts of things like smurfette, Boober (from fraggle rock, get your head out of the gutter... :P), munchkin. Clearly, I am a child of the 80's.
(O) Overnight Hospital Stays? None. I like it that way.
(P) Pet Peeve: Lateness. Driving under the limit. People who can't own up to their own mistakes or responsibility for the problems in their lives.
(Q) Quote from a Movie: I got red, I got green, I got yellow... I'm out of purple, but I do have one Gold Circle coin left... the condom of champions... the one and only... nothin' is gettin' through this sucker. Whaddya say, hmm? (anyone who gets where this is from without looking it up gets a gold star!)
(R) Right or Left Handed? Right.
(S) Siblings: One older sister.
(T) Time You Wake Up? As late as possible. 6:30 on weekdays, 9 on weekends.
(U) Underwear: Thongs for me. Sorry if it's TMI, but the ABC's made me share!
(V) Vegetable You Dislike: brussel sprouts. Not a huge onion fan.
(W) What Makes You Run Late: Other people!!!
(X) X-Rays You've Had Done: Dental. My arm, my knee, my hand.
(Y) Yummy Food You Make: Mini pizzas, lasagna, healthy chocolate chip cookie muffins.
(Z) Zoo, Favourite Animal: Haven't been to the zoo in ages. Fainting goats. Love them, want to have one as a pet.

Have a good weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Alrighty on a raise after six months! Congrats!

    Fainting goats--love them too. And I'm with you on personal responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote is from Pretty Woman, when Julia Roberts had just hooked up (hahahaha, unintentional pun!!) with Richard Gere. She pulls all the 'doms out of her insane thigh-high boots!

    Do I win a prize??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Kat beat me on the quote... that's a good one. Congrats on the raise prospect, that will be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot for a pay raise!
    Be careful who you call midget...5'4" sounds towering to me ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you hate brussel sprouts! I love them :)

    Good luck at work! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete