Monday, January 10, 2011

Good (but busy) times!

Life has been a ball full of crazy these days, with so much work to do and so little time. Late last week, I finally got my first run of the season in. Actually, it is technically the first run I have done in a L-O-N-G time. I aimed low, hopping on the dreadmill for two 15 minute intervals at around 10.5 minutes a mile (5.8 miles an hour). They were comfortable miles, and it was really what I needed to ease myself back into it.

Unfortunately in the process of getting ready with my hubby to go to the gym, not only was my ipod armband lost, but I also couldn't find my earbuds. I finally found what I thought were my headphones, and gave up on finding the armband since the treadmill has convenient little trays to hold all my crap. Low and behold, I get on the treadmill for about 5 seconds before I realize that the earphones I have are totally kaput, both cords are damaged and I can hear nothing out of them without wiggling them at all times to try and get the connection straight. So now I am trying to convince myself to buy some Yurbuds to make the dreadmill less dreadful. After I got off the treadmill, I even convinced myself to get on the stairmaster of death for 10 minutes. Yeah me! So now that I am back to the gym, no excuses. I am even trying to cut out limit all sugar intake, as I found I fell off the wagon hardcore with all the Christmas sweets.

For the last two days of work, my life has been in chaos. My trial turned into a settlement (good for us, but resulting in over 5 hours straight of negotiating with a unrepresented party who didn't understand the purpose of settling at all) and I went from 7-3:30 without stopping. I finally got back to the office and stuffed a carrot muffin in my mouth. It has veggies, right? Today, I was brought in as a "second chair" i.e. co-pilot on a case that went to trial unexpectedly. Again, this resulted in no lunch, and despite all my will power, by 4pm I couldn't stay away from the sugar. I'd like to see it as a small victory however, as I had the option of scarfing a piece of my Mom's Pumpkin Spice Cake for a very, very late lunch (Yummy, and another veggie!) or chocolate cookies, or fudge, or candy, or a ton of other horrendous sweets. I took the cake. I will try to stick to this "no sugar" as much as possible, but it's rough.

This week's exercize plan is simple: Do it! Tomorrow I have a Tai Chi/Pilates/Yoga class, then I plan on getting to the gym two more times this week. Tonight was a fail, since I didn't get home until late. 12 hour days suck sometimes.... :(

Any Yurbud Reviews for me? Someone help push me over the edge.... ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment