Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby it's cold outside!

So today, it is some miserable weather up in my neck of the woods. This morning I was greeted by -30 degree Celsius weather (-22 Fahrenheit). BBBRRRR!!!!! These days I constantly ask myself why I live here. Then I remember my job, my husband, and grumble and get through it.




So on Thursday I was awarded the Stylish Blogger award from one of my favourite bloggers: The Turtle!



So here's what I have to do:

1. Make this post and link back to the person who gave the award to me (Done and DONE)

2. Share 7 things about myself

3. Award 5 great bloggers

4. Contact the bloggers to tell them they've won!



Here's my 7 things: (harder than you think to come up with!)


1. I was born two days late, on my grandfather's birthday. My parents argued whether my first name should start with an O or a P, and finally decided that it should be P, so that my initials would be POP and I could be "his" birthday present.



2. I was one of those geeky, unpopular kids growing up. I lived on a farm, and spend a lot of time climbing trees, fishing, etc. I got A's, and was a keener. I guess it paid off in the end, but some days I wonder if I'd be more confident about my abilities if I was more socially successful as a kid.


3. I am a closet tea addict. I have been drinking a lot of it in an attempt to reduce my eating, and have about 20+ flavours of tea in my cupboard. My current favourites: Cherry Amaretto black tea and Peppermint.



4. After over 4 months, my big toe and one of the other ones is still not healed from my half marathon. They have both at least partially disconnected from the nail bed, but will probably just end up growing out over time. So much for ever being a foot model.... :P



5. I have gained a bit of weight over the past 16 months or so that I am not proud of. It makes me depressed, but I know in all truth it's my own fault. I am trying to get back to a place of control, but it is a rough fight. I hope to be down at least 10 by the time October rolls around BECAUSE:



6. I have a trip to England, France and Germany planned out for October-November of this year! I have to go and see my best friend get married! He was my "man of honour" at my wedding (I had just him and a flower girl, it rocked!), so I have to get there for him. Sadly, I am already shopping for fancy dresses, and of course, a HAT!




7. Someone made a comment on the CSN post about seeing more pictures, and I thought I would explain. Being the paranoid lawyer that I am, I am just concerned about confidentiality and privacy, both with respect to what I say about work, and my own personal life since only one person in real life (maybe two) know who I am and know I have this blog. I like it this way, but will try to give you guys more photos every once and a while (whenever I actually take them!) Here's one (ok, two!) of my favourites from my wedding in 2009:





Since I have got 44 comments on my CSN stores giveaway(!) I decided to award the first 5 people to enter my contest, so Still Running, Baby Weight my Fat Ass , Lovely Domestic Diva, MissZippy and 5K Rae - You're it!!!



Keep those entries coming in for my CSN giveaway! In the next few weeks, I will try to respond to more of your requests for reviews, nutrition info, everything!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pics and for tagging me! Cherry amaretto black tea sounds great. And wow, oh wow, is that cold. Can't imagine trying to run in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win in the cold department -- I was whining that it was -14C in Toronto. Thanks for the tag and you made a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete