Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have had, and will continue to have, the busiest week EVER. That update on Thursday got even more complicated when a second law firm called me and wanted to set up interviews! So despite several false starts (interviews set up and rescheduled) I have TWO interviews tomorrow, with two very different law firms. Fingers crossed.

This week I also had my first training session for my part time job (which I may have to ditch if I get one of the law jobs) and I finally went for an MRI on my knee, which I injured more than a year ago. Add on the planning of a bachelorette party, 40 degree heat and my futile attempts at getting out of my funk and into my runs, it's been pretty crazy.

But, here I am finally, back posting. And I came back to find, I am now an award winner! Honeybee over at mommy running through http://mommyrunningthrough.blogspot.com/ gave me this award:

and it has really helped me in getting out of my "taper tantrum" or peaking funk. So here are the rules for it:


1. Answer the question: If you had one chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

Aside from a bad relationship I would have cut off way sooner than I did in my teen years (don't we all have those) I think I would have found the motivation to slim down and get running at a younger age. Having a regular hobby just for me has been great. I have also got to meet so many great people through it!

2. Pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have been selected for the award.

1. Running off at the Mouth's Marcia! - because she is a cute smily mom who seems to face a lot of the same problems as me, almost at the same time! And she has rocking giveaways!

2. Laurie from the (Mis)Adventures of a Jogging Stroller Mom - because she is always commenting on my little blog, and is an inspiration, getting her runs in with 4! kids!!!

3. Meg from Worth a Tri - because she finally took a huge step in her progress from injury to success, and the post was super awesome and inspiring that everyone should see it!


4. Laura from My Reason to Run - because she is making a huge difference in the live of her own child, and the lives of other children affected by Joubert Syndrome. Everyone should donate to the cause, and sign up for her virtual race on 10/10/10 - say I sent you!!!

5.Leslie from Leslie's 30 day shred - Not a runner's blog, but Leslie is an inspiration, she is a great foodie and is dedicating herself to being honest to the virtual world about her efforts to lose weight and look great post baby. I wish I could admit the crap that I eat on a daily basis - I'm sure half of it wouldn't end up in my mouth that way!

6.Laura from live well, laugh often, run much - a fellow canadian who perserveres even when things get really tough. She is honest and realistic about the things going on in her life, and I like hearing it all.

3. You have to thank the person (people) who gave you the award.

Thanks again Honeybee - I think the award will help me out of my funk, and keep me accountable here. I mean, the next three weeks until my race will be epic and a whirlwind of craziness, so I have to make sure I write about it for your entertainment!

Night all!

6 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks! Good luck with the interviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I am honored!
    Best of luck with the interviews--when it rains it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS!!! Good luck with the interviews..it is such an exhausting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I tagged you for a DIFFERENT award on today's post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats on all of the interviews!! :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete