Thursday, August 26, 2010

Three Things Thursday....

1. My hubby called me this morning to let me know that it was gorgeous and cool, perfect for a run. Wonderful thing to wake up to. So I headed out for a 6k (3.75mi) run in 17 degree weather (62F) and got it done in just over my ideal time. I finally looked at my body this morning and realized that despite the fact that my weight isn't at an ideal point, my muscle tone and shape are pretty darn good! My legs look wonderful, except for a horrible blue-purple welt I got from walking into my hubby's exercise equipment. Ouch!

2. I sound like a broken record sometimes - but I sent out 26 (!) job applications yesterday to firms - some that I knew were looking for someone, others who were just firms in the region I would like to practice. While I have already received about 4-5 rejections, I got a call about one of them, so we'll see where it goes.

3. Based on Laurie's comments yesterday, I will be signing up for 2 different virtual races, both scheduled for 10/10/10. #1 is the 10x10 Virtual Race for Jog for Joubert Syndrome (info can be found here: http://myreasontorun.blogspot.com/2010/08/10-x-10-virtual-race-for-j4js-details.html ) and the second is Running Diva Mom's 10/10/10 10k Virtual Race (details here: http://runningdivamom.blogspot.com/2010/08/running-diva-moms-101010-10k-virtual.html ) I am looking forward to them both, and will be officially signing up once I have the money to donate for the JFJS run. Everyone should consider signing up for both of them!

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for virtual races! Congrats on all the job applications... that's a lot of work, hopefully something good pans out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been chosen for the Cherry on Top award!
    http://mommyrunningthrough.blogspot.com/
    Come over and collect it to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete