Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Night Secrets....

So it's been raining cats and dogs outside all day, and I am in a bit of a funk personally since getting home (call it post-holiday depression or just that period of time needed to get back into a normal routine) so I figured, why not do a random list of facts about me. Some might be running related, some life facts. Then I decided, why not have some fun and make it a game to amuse you, my dearest readers!

Here are fifteen "facts" about me. 4 are not true. Can you guess which ones are true, and which ones are bullshit?

1. When I was young, I excelled at track and field - but failed miserably at any long distances. I actually turned into a very good 5'4" hurdler!

2. I can fold my tongue in half, and can also shape it into a three leaf clover.

3. I have a nut allergy, but like most runners, I love peanut butter, and eat it all the time.

4. I am a closet fan of the Twilight series. Go Edward!

5. I often feel like a phony runner. I am not as dedicated as many bloggers out there, and wonder if my enthusiasm with running will disappear after I finish my half marathon.

6. I have a HUGE family, with 5 brothers and 3 sisters. I'm third oldest.

7. I am an anti-social runner. Other than my one 10k race, I can count the number of times I have ran with other people on both hands. Sometimes this bugs me, other times I am happy to run on my own.

8. I travelled to a foreign country where I knew no one, and didn't speak the language at the age of 15.

9. I am addicted to shopping. My husband barely has any closet space, because it is filled with my stuff!

10. I have weird reactions to certain types of jewellery: I can't wear anything less than platinum in my ears, and my palm sweat seems to turn some metal black and disintegrate some rings.

11. When I run, I sometimes envision people on the sidewalks in nothing but their underwear. Makes me feel better when I'm huffing and puffing down the street.

12. My engagement ring and wedding band have tanzanites, not diamonds as their central stones. My husband loved me when I told him I'd kill him if he bought me diamonds.

13. I have taken up swimming in the past year or so and am contemplating a triathalon, despite the fact that I have never, ever learned how to dive.

14. My veins form a weird circle at one of my wrists.

15. When I run, I have to step off of (and back onto) curbs with my left foot.


So, and guesses? I'll post the answers later this week.

:)

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you aren't really a Twilight fan and maybe not a big shopper, nor from a big family, and probably not as tricky with your tongue as you say but considering your chosen profession you're probably good at lying so it's hard to tell. ;P

    Fun post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with 1, 3, 9, and 11. Will be interested to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to gues that 4, 6, 9 and 12 are false.

    Can't wait for your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna say
    3, 7, 9, 12
    are false.

    ReplyDelete