Monday, July 5, 2010

EPIC FAIL!!!

So I had to come and do a quick note about this, just because I have been trying to be SO good, and have been so proud of myself for being so tough on my long runs. This morning I got up at 7 (early for me these days, since I generally have no place to go at that time) in order to do my long run. I knew I had 12 kms to go in pretty high heat (24 degrees, feeling like 30 with the humidex by 7am).

I got up, I got ready, and I was out of the door by 7:30. The run took me along an older training route that I have incorporated into my long runs in the past 2 weeks or so. It was tough, but I was so proud that I kept going and pushed through. I made a slight change in my route from last week to go from 10k to 12k, and I wanted to make sure that I had added enough distance, so I hopped on mapmyrun.com (my best friend right now since my Garmin is acting funky). I laid out my run, hit calculate, and came up with a grand total distance:

9.7KM!!!

CRAP!!! I was supposed to be doing 12!!! I guess my "old" 5k route was a bit short (like 1k short somehow) and so not only have my distances been off for the past two weeks, my amazing times are, well, not so amazing. Luckily, I had actually sped up my training a bit from the beginning, so I am still on track with the distances I should be running. I will have to get 12k done this weekend, and move on up from there.

Oh well, c'est la vie! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment